The vision for Southeastern Smart Mobility Consortium (SSMC) is to create a partnership that applies technology to improve transportation system mobility and safety.
- Members of government, industry, and academia stimulate, initiate, and fund research and development of new technologies.
- Lead new applications of intelligent transportation systems.
- Initiate and accelerate collaborative research and development in advanced transportation technologies.
- Demonstrate how technology deployment can lead to reducing delays, crashes and fatalities, vehicular emissions, and energy consumption.
Development & Deployment Objectives
- A large fleet of vehicles with connected technologies and a diversity of drivers
- A roadway network representing typical rural, suburban, and urban conditions
- Communication infrastructure and data processing to support connected vehicle operation
- Interconnected traffic control infrastructure supporting innovative applications
- Models to predict travel conditions in real-time and communicate information to travelers